I've been quite busy doing a lot of crochet these past couple of weeks. I've made a blanket for Leon, for when he goes into his own bedroom. The pattern is from Baby Blueprint Crochet by Robyn Chachula. This has been one of my most challenging crochet projects so far. I found it quite difficult to get the tension right on some of the lattice stitch blocks. I have a habit of making my chains quite loose, this is useful for foundation chains, but not so good for part of a stitch pattern. I'm hoping that a bit of blocking might help. I did consider frogging it, just so I could redo those small blocks, but my craft time is limited at the moment and I've got too many other projects waiting in the wings. I'm quite happy to just move on and learn from my mistakes! Really, I am! :) I used Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton Aran for this, that I already had in my stash. I bought quite a bit of it in a sale a while back for £0.99 & £1.99 a ball, bargain! It's discontinued now though, which is a shame because it's so lovely and soft .
Sorry about this photo, it's a bit crappy!
I used colours that I thought would match the colour scheme I've chosen for his room. I've also snagged another bargain, which was this gorgeous fabric that I'm going to use for his bed quilt. I've chosen a theme that's not too babyish so that it will last a good while.
I'll let you know if the blocking works!