Monday 22 March 2010

Recent Burst of Creativity!

Just recently I've had a new burst of life. I've been feeling quite crafty, it's wonderful. I'm not sure how long it'll last though, so I'm doing as much as I can, while I can! :) I've been having great fun following Lilibees One Week One Project. I've made an album for my summer photos and a Wedding album for my sister, using the tutorial from One Week One Project Part 3.



.

I've also made a mini album using some of my new Sassafras stash that I received for Mothers Day. I dug out some old photos of my first holiday abroad to Spain, I was 6 years old. Because I have Womble tendencies I like to get the most out of my stash. I used a small circle punch and some Papermania clear domed stickers to make some epoxy stickers with my Sassafras paper. The wave effect in the first picture of mosaic was created using the waste in between the banners on the Flag Banners sticker sheet. My favourite embellishments are the felt ones (even if I do say so myself!). The felt flower was hand cut and stitched. To make the rainbow I used a Sizzix Sizzlits Hello Kitty Rainbow Die, cut the felt out in various colours, stuck the different pieces to a sheet of double sided sticky tape stuff, stacked the layers and then stitched beads on for the eyes. It was a fiddly task but well worth it. :)

These albums can all be viewed in more detail on my Flickr photostream if you're interested.

Thanks for dropping in!

Rachel XxX

4 comments :

  1. Love the makes! Mini albums are so lovely!
    Keep up the creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sooooo much for making comments on my blog! It makes my heart smile! Love the minis ,by the way! Sass rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... sooo much inspiration in a single post! I love your projects girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel! Your minis are fabulous, above all the third one that is my favourite. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete